Hepatitis B is a caused by a virus named hepatitis B virus. This virus is similar to hepatitis C as it attacks the liver which in turn becomes a lifelong struggle. This is a very dangerous virus as it causes liver infection, cirrhosis (scarring) of the liver, liver cancer, liver failure and also death. There is no reason to fret as Hepatitis B vaccine is available for all age groups. It is one of the most powerful and a deadly virus to ranks among the top ten killers. Many have lost their lives due to this virus and the numbers have been increasing. It comes from the Hepadnaviridae family which can be a double-stranded virus causing hepatitis in humans as well as in ducks, ground squirrels and woodchuck. Even though this virus is rarely seen in Europe, in Asia hundreds have fallen victim to this disease.
This virus spreads through direct contact with blood, from infected mother to the unborn child and through sexual transmission (unprotected sex). Homosexual men are at a greater risk of getting infected with hepatitis B or hepatitis A virus. You can catch Hepatitis B virus very easily in comparison to HIV because of the concentration level of the blood in an infected person. This virus could also survive outside your body, making it more dangerous. Some of the common causes of getting infected with this virus are by sharing dirty needles, through tattooing, razors, nail clippers, biting another person and many more reasons. Common symptoms of hepatitis B infection are abdominal pain, loss of appetite, exhaustion, diarrhea, fever, dark yellow colored urine, light-colored stools and yellowish eyes and skin.
Some Simple Measures
• Avoid too much stress while suffering from this infection.
• Over-exertion may make you sick again.
• It is better to take rest and let your body catch up on the lost energy.
• Have protein, vitamin and mineral rich diet which would help you regain strength.
• As you suffer from nausea and loss of appetite it would be better to have small meals to undo those symptoms.
• Avoid dehydration and drink plenty of water
• Consume liquids like fruit or vegetable juices, soups and broths to add strength to your body.
• You may show signs of vomiting which can be dealt by increasing electrolytes consumption.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.